About Kvasir Analytics
Kvasir is an early stage Knowledge Management company creating solutions for enterprises
based on Kvasir’s unique AI, ML, and Semantic indexing and search technology. Kvasir is a
spin-out from Cambridge University and our founders are all professors, readers, and
researchers at Cambridge University’s Computer Lab.
Kvasir’s technology has been proven with proof of concepts with large organisations, and with
seed funding now secured we are looking to build the company and the team to fully
commercialise the products and take us to the next level.
About the Role
The Software Engineer/DevOps Engineer is a multi-skilled senior level software engineer with
the following main responsibilities:
- Full-stack software development of the Kvasir products, linking together both core
algorithms engineering and user-facing integrations engineering
- Maintaining and optimising our current SaaS platform (deployed using Kubernetes on
DigitalOcean’s cloud with some additional use of Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure),
and helping develop our on-premises product
- Linux system administration, including Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Creation and maintenance of automated test processes and platform
- As part of a small dynamic team doing early stage product development however, flexibility for us is key and you may end up doing things beyond the core job focus.
We are looking for someone to join our team who:
- Relishes the chance to work in an early stage fast paced environment with all the
opportunities it brings
- Is happy to work with ambiguity
- Is flexible and willing to turn a hand to whatever is necessary to make the products a
- A true team player - working with other engineers and product people to drive the
- Not afraid to challenge or suggest - we recognise great ideas can come from anywhere
Core Skills and Experiences
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in software engineering or computer science or
- Over five years experience in B2B software development and/or systems operation
- Experience working with high-performance “Big Data” pipelines
- Experience in working with agile/lean startup development methodologies
- Experience deploying and managing services using Docker containers and Kubernetes
on one or more cloud platforms
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Both SaaS distributed architecture and on-premise enterprise solutions
Shell all desirable) in a Linux environment, and a willingness to pick up new languages
and technologies as needed
- A burning need to build test infrastructure and automate everything!
What we Offer
You will be working with an extraordinary team from academia and industry developing cutting
edge technologies in the field of knowledge management, ML, and AI.
You will be getting in on the ground floor of a company with great prospects and have the
freedom and autonomy to create products and services as you see fit.
Our main office is based in central Cambridge but we offer flexible working conditions and the
ability to work remotely part of the time.
Kvasir is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and creating a diverse, fun,
inclusive and rewarding environment. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of
gender, race, colour, or religion. We believe that the best work happens with a team that truly
reflects the diversity of society.
To apply for this role, send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com